Friday, November 2, 2007

Halloween

I have to start by saying that I hate Halloween. I think I have said that statement about 5 times a day in the last week. It seems like the gross and morbid is everywhere you look. So, that being said, you may find it very hard to believe that I allowed my children to go trick or treating on Wednesday night. But I did, and I am comfortable with my decision. Andrew and Bethany had never been trick or treating before (Samantha went with friends from church last year and this year), and they had so much fun. It was pretty nice out which helped too. They got a lot of candy and just had fun. The three of us went around our neighborhood for about 1 1/4 hours. Bethany dressed up as a Victorian lady, complete with a shawl and cute red hat, (she called herself Miss Scarlet) and Andrew was a jester. Samantha took pictures of them. They knew very well why I hate Halloween, and I believe they also have adopted my abhorrence for anything dealing with death, or ghosts or other gross stuff, and I hope that they continue to feel the same as they mature into adults. This was a time to dress up and it was all about the candy! Bethany said at one point, "This is fun, we should do this more often." Samantha had fun too with a girlfriend from church and she slept over and went to school from her house the next morning. So, that's our news from this week.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm glad you all had a good time - I had to laugh at Bethany's comment!!

What's the National Novel Writing Month??

Love you!!

Cynthia said...

Well, anyone who has ever said "one day I'll write a novel", is encouraged to just put down thoughts on paper during the month of November. They want you to try to reach 50,000 words.